CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 13, 2012

New Year, New Me!! (Hopefully)

So even though it's already the middle of January (Where does the time go?) I have been thinking a lot about some things I would definitely like to work on this year.... Everyone's resolutions are usually about exercising and eating right, which of course part of my list too, but I want to make a lot of changes within myself as well....
1- Worry less!!! I swear I worry about everything and anything! It makes me absolutely crazy and I often find myself worrying about the smallest little "Things." I don't want to worry about "things" anymore. I want to just live my life taking it one day at a time, and taking whatever comes to me and just dealing with it as it comes my way! I can't do anything about the things I have no control over so I need to quit worrying so much about them and just live my life in a positive way!
2- Be more Christ-like- The past year I have found myself to be rather negative and I often find myself judging others or having mean thoughts! (I partly blame my dang IUD for making me crazy, although that is another post entirely!) I would get so mad at people and so worked up and angry that I literally would want to hit someone or pull my hair out, whichever came first! Then I finally get my thoughts calmed down and I think, you never know what they're going through or what battle their facing in their lives. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love everyone, even me, and wants everyone to be happy and to be kind to others no matter what the circumstance is. I often find myself getting angry at people and jealous instead of being happy for other people's successes in their life. This, I want to change! A lady I work with has been the greatest example to me about what it's like to be Christ-like. She's so sweet and she is so kind to everyone no matter what is going on here or whatever is going on in her life. She's always so willing to help others and serve others and I want to be more like that instead of being so selfish and always thinking about me! My mom is also probably the GREATEST example of what kind of person I want to be. She is always thinking of other people before herself. She's always helping others no matter how tired, sick, hurt, or sad she may be. You can never tell when she's down because she never let's it show, she just puts on her happy face and is so positive and continues to serve others. I would give anything to be like that so that is one thing I want to work on, I want to forget about myself, and concentrate on helping and serving others, whether that be my husband, people at work or my own family!
3-I realize exercise and eating right is important, especially for a diabetic, but I have found that I am OBSESSING with it. I am obsessed about trying to make myself LOOK better instead of really make myself healthier for strictly health purposes. It got to the point where I would weigh myself 3 times a day to make sure I didn't gain anything and to see if I had lost anything... I didn't care what I was doing for my blood sugars or my body as long as the scale showed I lost something! I want to get my blood sugars under complete control so that whenever we decide to have kids, I can make sure I'm healthy enough to make sure they're healthy as they can be! I still plan on exercising and eating right, but I want to do it for the right reasons...


This could go on forever. I know these changes aren't going to happen overnight, but I know that if I keep working on these goals that they will happen and I will notice a change in my life and I hope that others will notice a change as well. I know it will make me happier and enjoy life more if I make these changes and it will make all the relationships in my life better as well! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Mardi! I found your blog and am now going to blog stock you! :) You and your hubby are so stinkin' cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good goals! I definitely want to pull my hair out when it comes to some people, i feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete